Share this page:


Many of our members have made the Institute proud by excelling themselves professionally at foreign lands. The Institute has all along been for espousing the cause of members and all the members including the members based overseas have a special place for the Institute. Being a part of a profession, which is regulated under the Indian enactment, a member is required to follow certain set guidelines and procedures. For the sake of brevity and ease in accessibility of information, an effort has been made to compile the usual queries of a Indian Member based overseas so that he has readymade information/ clarification on doubts on procedural issues pertaining to the regulatory requirement at a glance.

While the illustrative queries and their clarification have been listed herein under; members may like to send us more areas of the queries which would be included in the section for wider benefit. This being a continuous updating process, efforts would be made to consolidate and update this portion on a continuous basis. Newer queries and your feedback on extent and range of queries would be welcome.

Frequently Asked Questions


What is the procedure to be followed by a member of the Institute residing abroad to keep his membership active?


A member of the Institute is currently required to pay a sum of Rs.600/- if he is an Associate member and Rs.1,800/- if he is a Fellow member as the renewal fees for the membership every year. However for a members who is senior citizen having attained the age of 65 year, the fee shall be Rs. 450/- if is an Associate member and Rs. 1,300/- if he is a Fellow members. The payment of membership fee becomes due on 1st of April, every year and is payable by 30th of September of that year. A member residing abroad can keep his membership active by remitting the annual membership fee through Payment Gateway or by demand draft to the concerned DCO. Membership fee can be paid in advance for a period of three years. Members are informed of the payment of Annual membership / C.O.P fee through a Circular letter issued in the month of March. An announcement regarding the payment of fee is also hoisted on the Web-site.


What is the currency and the manner in which membership fees can be paid by members residing abroad ?


The amount of membership fee has been fixed in Indian rupees. Information on the fee structure and method of payment is available on the Institute's website at the linkhttp// This link also provides information on advance payment of fee. However the fee can also be paid in US $ at the prevailing exchange rate. The normal method of payment is by way of Demand Draft/ Local cheque in favour of the Secretary, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India payable at respective places where the concerned decentralized offices are situated. . You or your representative in India can also deposit the payment on your behalf by putting a local cheque for clearing. The Payment through credit card can also be made.


Can the members pay their fees On line?


The Institute has provided this facility to all members and a link of 'Online Payment of Fee' is available on the Home Page of the website. Members may follow the instructions thereat and make the payment of fees. The payment through this mode can be made not only for annual membership fees but also for cases like restoration fee, fellow admission fee, COP fees and condonation fee whenever applicable.


Can the members submit the relevant forms by email?


Yes. Members can submit certain forms viz. form 6 - for grant of COP, form 9 - for restoration of membership, form 117- for firm name approval and form 18- for registration of firm (to be digitally signed by all authorized partners) through email authenticated by digital signatures alongwith requisite fees wherever applicable using payment gateway.


What are the consequences if the annual membership fee is not paid within the stipulated time ?


If the membership fee is not remitted before 30th September the name of the member would be removed/certificate of practice cancelled with effect from 1st October of the year concerned. The member cannot use the designation Chartered Accountant or the qualification ACA or FCA as the case may be. In the case of members holding certificate of Practice his right of practice will cease and his association, if any, with firm of Chartered Accountants in India as a partner etc will also came to end.


In the event of removal of membership, what is the procedure for restoration of membership?


A member, whose name has been removed from the Register of Members, and desirous of Restoration of name in Register of Members -is required to apply in Form No.9 which can be downloaded from (please click here for further details) and is to be submitted along with :

  1. Membership fee for the year during which his name was removed from Register of Members.

  2. Membership fee for the year in which restoration is sought.

  3. Restoration fee of Rs. 1,000/-

  4. C.O.P. fee, if intends to hold C.O.P.

The application for Restoration of name in the Register of Members has to be filed with the Decentralized office (please click here for full details of Decentralised offices) where your address falls i.e. in case before moving overseas your physical records are with, say eastern region; you shall apply to Eastern India Regional Office for filing the required documentation. On compliance of above requirements, the name will be restored w.e.f. the date of receipt of Form 9 (for Form 9, please click here) <B.with Restoration fee of Rs. 1,000/- and prescribed fee, in the respective Decentralized Office. The forms/documents may be sent by post/courier. It may also be sent through email with digitally signed form no. 9 with remittance made through Payment Gateway. On compliance of the above requirements the name will be restored w.e.f. the date of receipt of Form '9'.

Restoration of name with retrospective effect will be made provided application for restoration in Form 9 along with membership fee and C.O.P. fee (if you intend to hold C.O.P.) and restoration fee is received within the same financial year.


(a) Whether an Associate Member of the Institute practicing abroad is eligible to become Fellow Member ?

(b) Whether a member's service as a paid assistant outside India with a firm of chartered accountants can be recognized for the purpose of fellowship ?


(a) No. Only members who being associates and who have been in continuous practice in India for atleast five years are eligible to apply for admission to fellowship on payment of prescribed fee and submission of Form '3' [Section 5(3) of the Chartered Accountant Act, 1949].

(b) The member working as a paid assistant with a foreign firm of accountants outside India is eligible for admission as a fellow member provided the firm is having atleast one partner who is/was either the member of the ICAI or who is/was eligible to become its member under Section 4(1)(v) of the Chartered accountants Act.


Whether an Associate Member employed in Industry abroad is eligible to become fellow member ?


An associate member serving in an industry abroad for a continuous period of not less than 5 years in one or more posts carrying duties relating to accounts, cost accounts, audit, finance, taxation, company law and/or secretarial work, is eligible to become a fellow member.

If there is a break in the continuity of service, the same can be condoned for a period not exceeding one year so however that the actual period of service shall not be less than 5 years [Regulation 5(3)]


What is the procedure to be followed to become a fellow member ?


An Associate Member who is eligible to become Fellow as pointed out in question no.(7) & (8) above, is required to submit (i) Form no. 3 duly filled in and signed (ii) admission fee of Rs. 1,500/- plus the fellowship fee of Rs. 1,800/-( Rs. 1,300/- in case of a senior citizen member), if fee of Rs.600/-/-( Rs. 450/- in case of a senior citizen member) as Associate Member is already paid then the differential fee of Rs. 1,200/- ( Rs. 850/- in case he is a senior citizen member) (iii) a certificate of employment for a period of 5 years or more showing the nature of duties performed were of supervisory in nature, issued by the competent authority. If he intends to obtain Certificate of Practice, he is additionally required to submit Form '6' along with Fee of Rs. 1,600/- (Rs. 1,200/- in case of Senior Citizen member). He can submit relevant form and remit a prescribed fee through E-mail/ payment gateway as pointed out in Q. No. 3 & 4.

Q 10

If a member holding Certificate of Practice wants to surrender the Certificate of Practice. How can he do that?


The member desirous of surrendering his certificate of practice should make a request in writing indicating the date from which he wishes to surrender COP. The original script for certificate of practice should be surrendered for cancellation The COP fee however will have to be paid for the relevant financial year before it is cancelled at his request. However no fee would be required to be paid if he wishes to surrender his COP w.e.f. 1st April provided he makes the request with the original COP by 30th April of that year.

Q. 11

What is the procedure for restoration of Certificate of Practice?


Members can renew Certificate of Practice by paying the prescribed fees by 30th of September every year. Those members who have not remitted COP fee by 30th of September, Certificate of Practice would be cancelled w.e.f. 1st October of the relevant year.

Members whose Certificate of Practice has been cancelled on account of non-payment of Certificate of Practice fee for the relevant year are required to comply with the following -

  1. An application in Form 101 duly filled in and signed along with Certificate of Practice fee for the relevant year. (Form 101 can be downloaded from website)

  2. Annual Membership fee has been paid on or before 30th September of the relevant year.

    A letter restoring Certificate of Practice with retrospective effect will be issued on receipt of above by 31st March of the relevant financial year.

Q. 12

Can a member in Salaried employment abroad hold C.O.P.?


Yes, he can hold C.O.P but his status would be treated as a member in part-time practice.

Q. 13

Can a member of the Institute holding Certificate of Practice residing outside India, do any attest functions?


Yes. He can do attest functions outside India, subject to the local laws permitting him to do so.

Members holding Certificate of Practice and employed outside India are also permitted to undertake attest functions outside India so long as they reside outside India and during such stay period their status also continue to be '2' (part time COP) in the Institute's record.

Q. 14

Can a Member working abroad have a Proprietary Firm in India?


Yes. A member working abroad can have a proprietary firm in India provided the firm in India is under the charge of a member of the Institute who should be a full time paid assistant. This is a mandatory requirement under Section 27 of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949.

Q. 15

Can a member having a proprietary firm in India and recently shifted from India, continue to be a proprietor of a firm in India?


The member can continue to be a proprietor of the firm in India if the member himself is actively associated with the firm by residing in India for a period of not less than 182 days as provided in Appendix 10 of the Chartered Accountants Act 1949 [page 51].

Q. 16

Whether a member residing abroad can be a partner of a firm of chartered accountants in India?


Yes, a member can be a partner in a firm of Chartered Accountants in India provided he holds C.O.P.

Q. 17

Can a member holding Certificate of Practice and residing abroad be incharge of the branch office of the firm outside India ?


Yes, a member can be in charge of the branch office of the firm outside India provided the Head Office of the firm is registered in India. He can be in charge of the branch office in his capacity either as a paid assistant or partner of the firm.

Q. 18

Can a member practicing outside India impart articles training under the Chartered Accountants Act and Regulations?


As per the proviso to Regulation 43(i) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations 1988 as amended by the Chartered Accountants (Amendments) Regulations 2007, a member practicing outside India is also eligible to engage an articled assistant subject to such additional terms and conditions as the Council may impose.

Morever, if a firm of chartered accountants has an office in India and also an office abroad (not being a separate partnership) a partner or the proprietor thereof would be permitted to train articled assistant in India or outside the country, provided that the member concerned could ensure that proper training, in accordance with the requirements of the Regulations, is imparted to the articled assistants

Q 19

What is meant by Certificate of Good Standing and how it can be obtained ?


A certificate of good standing means a certificate issued to a member of the Institute at his request for specific purpose stating the details of his articled-ship exam passed, membership etc and indicating that nothing adverse about him has come to the notice of the Institute . A good standing certificate is required to the purpose of joining employment, immigration and also for visa purpose. In order to obtain Certificate of Good Standing the member concerned :-

  • may submit a request for issue of certificate of good standing, stating the purpose for which certificate of good standing is required and submit the communication of the concerned body/ institution requiring the same. However, request of members for issue of certificate of good standing will also be considered if the requirement of body/ institution specified on the website, in application form or prospectus is produced. The request could be either a signed written request or an e-mail in the personal e-mail id of the member.

  • The certificate of good standing will be issued to concerned body/ institution in respect of any member if the request is directly received by the institute from the concerned body/ institution.

  • The name of the member should be active (not removed) in Register of Members of the Institute.

  • The concerned member has paid annual membership/certificate of practice fees (if holds certificate of practice) for the current year within the specified time.

  • Request is to be sent to: under your signature or Scanned copy of request may accompany the other documentation.

Q. 20

What is the procedure for obtaining duplicate certificate of Membership/Certificate of Practice?


A member who has lost/misplaced his original certificates of Membership/Certificate of Practice, is required to apply and submit a written request to the concerned Decentralised Office for obtaining duplicate membership certificate/certificate of practice as an Associate or a Fellow member as the case may be. He is required to pay charges for duplicate certificate @ Rs.50/- or equivalent amount in US Dollar per certificate. He is also required to submit an affidavit in the prescribed format duly sworn-in before a Notary/First Class Magistrate or an affidavit on a plain paper and get the same attested from the authorized office of Indian Embassy/Consular General's Office. In case the member submits original certificate he is not required to execute the affidavit in the prescribed format.

Q. 21

What is the procedure for obtaining duplicate Marks Statements/Passing Certificates?


The member who has lost his Marks Statement/Passing Certificate may apply for duplicate marksheet/pass certificate by sending a request under his signature mentioning his roll number, month and year of passing. The fee for issue of duplicate marksheet is Rs. 10/- and the fee for issue of duplicate pass/rank certificate is Rs. 25/-. The fee should be remitted through Demand Draft in favour of the Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, payable at New Delhi.

The member is required to send an affidavit on a plain paper and get the same attested from the authorized office of Indian Embassy/Consular General's Office to the effect that he was in possession of Pass Certificate or Rank Certificate and he had lost it and undertake to return the duplicate Pass Certificate or Rank Certificate if the original Pass Certificate or Rank Certificate is traced/received by him in future and indemnify the ICAI for any loss etc. that ICAI may suffer if the duplicate certificate is issued by ICAI.

For details please click on

The request may please be sent to:

Jt. Secretary (Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
C-1, Sector 1, Noida - 201301
Mail : -, .
Phone No. 91-120 2535437;2535305;2552643


How a member can get his certificates attested in partial fulfillment of requirements of foreign Universities in pursuit of higher studies ?


The members intending to pursue higher studies in foreign Universities can get the copies of their certificates of membership, Certificate of Practice, Pass Certificate and Marks sheet attested by sending the originals thereof alongwith the copies together with a requisition letter to the concerned Decentralised Offices requesting for attestation.

Q. 23

What is Trascripts and how a member can obtain Transcripts?


A Transcript is a Certificate describing the appearances and passing details with subjects and statement of marks of the exams of Chartered Accountancy in respect of the student concerned including his membership details if he has become a member of the Institute. For obtaining transcript the member concerned is required to provide a request duly signed by him for issue of Transcripts accompanied by following:

  • A fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees five hundred only or equivalent in US Dollars) for one set of transcript/s (for any one or all examinations viz. Foundation/PE-I, Inter/PE-II and Final) remitted through Demand Draft or Pay Order in favour of The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Payable at New Delhi - 110002

  • Attested copies of Entrance / Foundation / PE I / PE II / Intermediate / Final examination mark sheet/s (both front and reverse side) as applicable

  • Attested copies of Rank Certificate issued by ICAI, if any.

  • Attested copy of Membership Certificate along with the proof for having paid the current year Membership fee or COP fee, as applicable

  • Prescribed Form for admission duly filled in by him, along with the envelope/s received from Foreign University/ies / Management Institution/s as applicable and

  • Copy of the Appointment Letter issued by the Foreign Body as applicable

  • The transcripts are issued normally within ten days from the date of receipt of request, complete in all respects.

The request along with the requisite fees / documents may please be sent to:

Jt. Secretary (Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
C-1, Sector 1, Noida - 201 301
Mail : -,


Whether the Institute is conducting Post Qualification Courses for the members of the Institute? Which are those courses and what are the requirements for appearing in the examinations ?


The Institute is conducting Post Qualification Courses for the members of the Institute. The courses currently conducted are as under :-

  1. Post Qualification course in Management Accountancy

  2. Post Qualification course in Corporate Management

  3. Post Qualification course in Tax Management

  4. Post Qualification course in Information System audit

  5. Post Qualification course in Insurance & Risk Management.

  6. Post Qualification course in International Trade Laws and WTO

Q. 25

Want to have a Chapter of Institute. How that can be established?


The Institute encourages its members overseas to consolidate their synergies by creating a formal Chapter. In the Institute's parlance this formal network is a 'Chapter' of the Institute. Any place which has more than 20 Indian members; they can all join together to form a chapter of the Institute. This chapter can be used by them acting as a programme organizing unit for the various CPE programmes. The chapter would be a unique forum for promoting bonhomie far away from your motherland and would enable your families and accomplices as well to come closer and foster goodwill.

Guidelines for setting up of Overseas chapters are available at Chapters outside India are functioning at Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Botswana, Doha, Dubai, Indonesia, Jeddah, London, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and Zambia, The details of current Chapters of the institute in various countries along with their contact details are available on the Institute's website at . Efforts are also on by members in Canada and Kuwait to formally organise such chapters.

Q. 26

What is the importance of Chartered Accountant Journal ?


The Chartered Accountant Journal is an important communication for the Institute and keeps the members updated on the professional front, It is expected that each member should be going through every issue of the Journal. The Chartered Accountant is a monthly publication from Institute and after publication is immediately put on the website of the Institute. It is also sent physically every month and each dispatch is through a recorded delivery to all active members.

Q. 27

Can a member residing abroad get Journal by Air Mail?


Normaly Journals to the members abroad are being sent by Sea Mail. However a member can opt for getting journals by Airmail in which case he is required to pay the air mail charges for receiving he Journal by airmail at his foreign address. Currently the charges for sending Journal by airmail is Rs. 900/- Annually.

Q. 28

Can a member residing abroad get the Journal at his Indian address?


As per regulation 187 of CA Regulations every member in practice shall have a professional address in India in his own charge or incharge of another member. A member not in practice may specify a place which shall be deemed to be his professional address for the purpose of Section 21 and also CA Regulations. In view of the above, every member has to specify one address which will be taken in the Institute's record as professional address for all purposes and also for correspondence. Accordingly Journal's, Regional News letters etc. can be sent to the professional address in India if so indicated by the member.

In the event of delayed/ non-receipt, please correspond at or giving exact details of your full mailing address with Pin/ Zip code, if possible also specifying a landmark as part of address. It would speed up chances of early reach of journal and communication to you.

Q. 29

How a member residing abroad can buy a publication from the Institute?


The publications of the Institute available for sale are indicated in the updated list hoisted on the Website. The rates and postal charges payable thereto are also stated therein. For details visit :http//

A member interested in buying any publication(s) as indicated in the list can either send his remittance in advance for such publications including the postal charges or make payment on line to purchase a publication concerned. Alternatively, an imprest amount (USD 300) could be deposited with the Institute and under such a scheme, a member shall have an access to the recent publications which could be continued to send by the Institute till the time the imprest amount is exhausted.

For faster communication a member can always reach the Institute at e-mail or fax no. +91 (120)-2518539, tel. No. +91 (120) 2552142, 2551279.

Q. 30

What is the importance of Updating e-mail Id with the Institute ?


The Institute very shortly would be moving to a Virtual stage whereby large number of transactions/ communications would be done electronically. This would warrant availability of correct e-mail id so that one gets communication from the Institute with regard to CPE programmes/ other events of interest in time

While e-mail particulars could be updated by sending a simple mail, any communication having regulatory angle would require signed communication from his end for which fax / scanned copy will have to be sent.

The Institute would be regularly coming out with E Newsletter, which has been targeted as a tool for disseminating information to Indian Members abroad and to come closer to them and address their requirements speedily, on quarterly basis which would be a two way communication channel between the Institute and the foreign members. This again necessitates the need to have the e-mail particulars in the records of the Institute for ensuring receipt of e mails. Please update your e-mails id with Institute's record.

Q. 31

Why a member should Update his address and other particulars?


By being a member of the Institute he has a continuity and access to developments of Indian profession and it needs no exaggeration that updating his correct particulars would do a lot good in his being professionally updated. The Institute every year while sending the circulars for fee reminders also attach an Entry on Record containing his particulars. It would be the earnest request of the Institute to the members to give utmost priority in updating of information containing in the entry on record wherever necessary. This is also necessary as a part of regulatory requirements

As the professional and other particulars have a bearing for future and there are certain areas wherein due caution needs to be observed; certain request like change in address needs to be accompanied under your signatures so as to ensure authenticity of such a request.

Q. 32

What are the areas where a member can Contribute to the profession ?


There are many areas in which esteemed members can contribute to the professional activities of the Institute. The range is varied and the list indicated herein under in just illustrative and he could think of more such avenues for joining in the work being done by the Institute. Some of such areas are -

  1. Associating as a constituent of brand promotion. The Institute is in the process of consolidating its brand image not only in India but in other countries also where a sizeable Indian population/sufficient number of Indian members are there. Promoting Indian Chartered Accountant as a brand would provide fillip to boosting his professional avenues. He need to share with us ways and means in which this needs to be accomplished. He can send his valuable suggestions on the basis of country specific issues so that while formulating its approach, the Institute could suitably include them in its pursuits.

  2. Help take up issues of concern with the respective authorities in those countries /promoting the Indian qualification in terms of services which can be provided by a member of ICAI.

  3. Associating in providing synergies by creating a formal network - The Institute feels that the consolidation of efforts would be a welcome step and the Institute would request the members to form chapter of ICAI wherever more than 20 members are there. (For further details please click here)

  4. Information about the need of Chartered Accountants in your country - This would enable the members intending to take opportunity abroad. Such information can be mailed at to be placed suitably on the web page of the Institute. This way the member would be doing a yeoman service for Indian members to such global market and globalisation of Indian Chartered Accountant. The member abroad can also pass on the addresses of major placement consultants/ organizations which need professional chartered accountant so that Institute could approach them for benefit of everybody.

  5. Contributing to the Exposure drafts, Research projects and in journal of the Institute - The Institute needs perspective and contribution from the member abroad on technical issues. They are welcome to contribute articles / their view point for inclusion in the journal so that there is a wide sharing of information and their views are put to synthesis and analysis by a cross section of members thus, adding to their utility in an over all context.

  6. Help dependents of your fellow professionals by being part of CA Benevolent Fund - Uncertainty knows no bounds and it is for uncertain times that the Institute have decided to create a corpus of funds by way of voluntary contribution from members to help the families of bereaved chartered accountants who are in distress and need a helping hand. The details on the objectives of the CA Benevolent Fund, procedure for becoming member, extent of assistance available and the procedure for availing assistance are available on the Institute's website at the following link:

Q. 33

What is the importance of Updating the particulars of members residing abroad in the Entry on Record?


The Institute would soon be coming with a Member Directory separately for foreign members. Given the fact, that developments internationally make the Institute need to have an immediate reaction/ update on certain country specific / sector specific issues; knowing the members who are to be addressed by the Institute for eliciting response on such information would come in handy. Members contribution would be something which will add value to the professional stance being taken by the Institute at different levels. We would request a member to update their following particulars with the decentralized office wherein their correspondence address falls and the Foreign Desk at head office with the following details on regular intervals so as to update the records, as an when there is such change so that Institute could approach them wherever there is such need. The information would also come in handy when the Institute's delegations visit their country and a need for interaction is felt with them.

  1. Name and membership No.

  2. Current employment

  3. Current charge/ designation

  4. Type of industry

  5. Correct postal address

  6. Contact address in India

  7. Phone numbers - office and residential

  8. Fax Nos.

  9. E-mail id

The above information would also facilitate in coming out with the Directory of Foreign members.

Q. 34

Do the members abroad want to know about more professional avenues in India ?


While the members have moved to foreign destinations, there would be many a occasion when they would have felt the need of an information contact in India, in such situations, please feel free to write to and the Institute would be glad to provide them the weblink of information which they may be wanting to have from India.

Q. 35

If any member has any suggestion on different issues how can he send that?


Members may feel that they have different ways of looking at the activities of the Institute. As an enabling outfit, the Institute would like to have suggestions from them on the way they feel certain things need to be carried out. They are invited to share their views at

They can directly get in touch with the following Officers of the Institute whose area of work and contact details are given below:

Area of Work Official

CA course and Education related matters

Director Board of Studies

Phone :- from Delhi:- (95120) 3989398, 3054808
From out side Delhi:- (0120) 3989398

Technical Questions, issues on Accounting Standards and Expert Opinion

Technical Director
Phone:- 39893989 (D), 30110582

Secretary EAC
Phone:- 39893989 (D), 30110467

Technical Questions and issues in Auditing

Auditing and Assurance Standards Board


For Continuing Professional Education and Professional Development

Director CPE
Phone :- 0120-3045957 
E-mail:- ;

For In-Company Programmes

Examination related queries

Joint Secretary (Exams)
Phone :- (95120) 3989398 (D), 3054822

Peer Review Process

Secretary, Peer Review Board
Phone:-(95120) 3054815 (D), (011) 30110469

Members & Students Services and payment of fee and other regulatory measures

Joint Secretary, M&SS
Phone :- 39893989 (D),30110425, 30110426
E- mail :-

General queries relating to publications

Joint Secretary - NOIDA Stores
Phone :- 3054802, 3054828
E-mail :-

Any other matter; please write to


Is there a placement portal to provide employment assistance to the members? If so may we know more about that?


The Committee for Members in Industry of the Institute has hosted an on-line Placement Portal with domain name The placement portal caters to the employment needs of the following categories of the Members/ students:

  1. Campus Interviews Programme for Newly qualified Chartered Accountants.

  2. All members and

  3. Semi-qualified accounting professionals(those who have completed only the Articleship component of the CA Course).

Both the candidates and the recruiting entities can register themselves on-line. This new technology based opportunity is a unique endeavor of the Institute and is the first such placement portal launched by any professional body in India.


  • The is a single window recruitment system for organisations interested in recruiting Chartered Accountants from the Institute's vast talent pool of members and Semi-qualified accounting professionals.

  • Organisations registered in the portal can view the bio-data of the registered members / semi-qualified accounting professionals and approach the short listed candidates for various openings (in those organisations)

  • There is no need for applying for individual jobs repeatedly through the portal. Organisations who are interested the candidature of the members / semi-qualified accounting professionals would approach them directly.

  • The Placement Portal provides the facility to the members and semi-qualified accounting professionals to see various Job openings that have appeared in various leading newspapers and web sites of recruiting entities that are being posted - regularly - in the portal under the head "Notice Board: Job openings


How to Register on the Placement Portal?


The Members/Semi-qualified Professionals intends to utilize the placement portal for registrations may undergo the following procedure:

  • Log on URL

  • In the home page click on Qualified Chartered Accountants / Semi-qualified accounting professionals under the option New User

  • Complete all the Mandatory information sought and click Submit button at the bottom.

  • · Once again go to the home page and choose Qualified Chartered Accountant or Semi-qualified accounting professionals under the 'Registered Users' option and log in using your six digits [prefix appropriate number of '0' (zeros) if you don't have six digits ICAI membership number / Article registration number and password (already chosen by you while registering).

  • Fill up the online bio data form

    Quick Links