The Companies Act, 2013 and the Rules thereunder have cast onerous responsibilities on the statutory auditors of the Companies. These include reporting on the adequacy and operating effectiveness of the internal financial controls in the auditor’s report and reporting on frauds to the Central Government. The Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (“the Board”) has already released Guidance Notes on these matters.
To create awareness about the changes and to provide the members with adequate guidance on the aforesaid aspects, the Board is proposing to organise workshops/ training programmes across the country and for doing so, create a pool of resources who would act as faculty for such workshops/ training programmes. For this purpose, the Board is organising a “Residential Orientation Program for the Faculty - Reporting on Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting and Reporting on Fraud under The Companies Act, 2013”.
The schedule of the Programme is as follows:
- Date: 24th and 25th November’2015
- Venue: The Retreat Hotel and convention Centre, Madh Island, Mumbai
Interested Members who:
- Are keen to be a part of the aforesaid workshops/ training programmes
- Have time for addressing such programmes
- Possess at least ten years’ post qualification experience
- Have adequate domain expertise
- Are willing to travel across the country
may apply by filling up the enclosed Application Form. Click here for the Application Form.
The duly filled in Application Form should be mailed to email@example.com by 2nd November, 2015 (end of day).
Members may also note that:
- Only interested members with the above pre-requisites may apply.
- No applications will be entertained after the aforementioned date.
- This Programme is by Invitation only and hence sending an application would not, by itself, confirm registration thereat.
- The Board will contact only the selected applicants.
For any further information/ clarification, you may contact the Secretariat of the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board at 0120-3045920 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(CA ABHIJIT BANDYOPADHYAY)
Chairman, Auditing & Assurance Standards Board
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
26th October, 2015