ICAI invites applications from highly competent candidates for the position of
Joint Secretary (HUMAN RESOURCES)
ICAI, the second largest accounting body in the world, set up by an Act of Parliament, is looking for a high profile and multi-faceted personality with leadership qualities, excellent communication, interpersonal and motivational skills for the position of Joint Secretary (Human Resources). This is an EXCELLENT opportunity for high caliber professional to join a world class accounting organization and make an impact on the national level.
Key Responsibilities Location: New Delhi
· Work with Top Management / Head of Institution and Departmental / Functional Heads in developing a vision and strategy for HR; “Facilitator” for its implementation
· Prepare a Plan for Review, of relevant HR policies
· Conduct regular interventions to assess efficacy of the Policies and their modifications, if necessary keeping in mind the overall frame-work of the Vision 2030
· Based on future requirements (short term/ medium term and long term) assess manning patterns
· Working closely with the Departmental Heads to ensure that the Institution’s recruitment procedures and records are effective – and, in particular, that they meet current and future skill/ competencies
· Be actively involved in the recruitment & selection process
Remuneration & Benefits
· Review the market on benefits which similar organizations are implementing and their relationship to ICAI for purposes of retention and motivation of important resources
Employee Performance Management
· Ensure the effective implementation of the performance management system for appraisal of officers and staff.
· Ensure that the Code of Conduct / Service Rules are appropriate, effective and well-communicated to staff.
· Advise Departmental Heads on the correct procedures to be followed in managing staff performance, absence and sickness.
· Ensure compliance with HR legislation, guidance and good practice, requirements and ICAI’s HR policies.
Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures
· Undertake disciplinary and grievance investigations and / or chair disciplinary and grievance hearings as appropriate.
· Develop the Institution’s Learning and Development (L&D) policies.
· Supervise the implementation of L&D process – Induction; regular Skill and Knowledge up-gradation; Competency enhancement
· Advise Departmental heads / Functional Heads on appropriate staff training and development procedures.
· Review Annual L&D reviews so as to ensure appropriate skills and knowledge reside within the employees across all levels and Functions
· Envision, Design and Implement Employee Communication System for exchange of information with management and external support agencies
Education / Qualifications
· Essential – A Degree with Post Graduation (2 year Full Time) in Business Management/ Business Administration/ Personnel management/ Industrial Relations from reputed educational institutions such as IIM/ FMS/ XLRI/ TISS etc.
· A Degree in Law would be advantageous
· Preferable - Member of a Professional Organization (such as NIPM, NHRDN, ISTD, AIMA, etc)
· At least 15 years work experience in the Function (should be in the 40 to 45 years age group)
· Previous HR management experience as Head of Department within an organization of similar size and complexity
· Experience of working within an educational establishment or financial services institution, would be an advantage
Skills and Personal Abilities
· Excellent communicator – both in writing and verbally, and in delivering presentations to different audiences – with the ability to instill confidence in all
· Ability and desire to see (and influence) the overall picture while having an unfailing eye for detail
· Willingness to shoulder responsibility
· Ability to work independently and collegially (taking others along)
Advt. No. ICAI/Rectt./10/2012