Seen in the picture (from L to R) are: CA. Rajendra Prasad Goyal, Director (Finance), NHPC, CA. Subodh Gupta, Director (Finance), BHEL, Shri Atul Sobti, Director General, SCOPE, CA. Ranjeet Kumar Agarwal, Chairman, CMI&B, ICAI, CA. (Dr.) Jai Kumar Batra, Secretary, ICAI, CA. (Dr.) Raj Chawla, Vice Chairman, CMI&B and CA. Hans Raj Chugh, Former Chairman, CMI&B.
At a ceremony held on 14th July, 2022 in Bhabha Chamber of SCOPE auditorium, New Delhi, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Standing Conference of Public Enterprises.
The MOU paves way for
- Knowledge partnership – providing resource persons by ICAI to SCOPE and its various member organisations on request
- Conducting seminars/ webinars / workshops on mutually identified subjects in the areas of finance, economics, law or any other subject that the parties may agree.
- Conducting joint research and studies on pertinent and mutually identified subjects by the parties.
- Jointly undertaking policy issues wrt complex accounting practices, disclosures, taxation, international treaties, international taxation, corporate law, etc. with the Government and policy makers.
- Jointly conducting workshops on recent developments in accounting standards and practices.
- Providing clarifications with respect to complex accounting treatments especially where there is lack of clarity may be extended by ICAI to respective Public Sector Enterprises (PSEs) through SCOPE on a mutually agreed consideration between the respective PSE and ICAI.
- Providing sector specific training by ICAI to Member organisations of SCOPE as identified by SCOPE
- Placement support by ICAI to SCOPE & Member Organisations of SCOPE
- ICAI to continue to extend its existing policy of providing industrial trainees to the Chartered Accountants engaged with SCOPE and Member-Organisations of SCOPE
The MOU was signed in the presence of CA. Ranjeet Kumar Agarwal, Chairman, Committee for Members in Industry & Business (CMI&B), ICAI and CA. (Dr.) Raj Chawla, Vice Chairman, CMI&B, ICAI by Secretary, CA. (Dr.) Jai Kumar Batra and on behalf of SCOPE by its Director General, Shri Atul Sobti.
About ICAI :
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is the regulator of regulator of accounting profession in India. lCAl functions under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India and is the second largest professional body of Chartered Accountants in the world, with a strong tradition of service to the nation.
The affairs of the lCAl are managed by a Council set up in accordance with the provisions of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, which comprises of 40 members of whom 32 are elected by the Chartered Accountants and remaining 8 are nominated by the Central Government generally representing the Comptroller and Auditor General of lndia, Securities and Exchange Board of lndia, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Finance and other stakeholders.
Standing Conference of Public Enterprises (SCOPE) is an apex professional organization representing the Central Government Public Enterprises. lt has also some State Enterprises, Banks and other lnstitutions as its Members. SCOPE has been playing a constructive role so as to support the Public Sector Enterprises (PSEs) in their endeavors. SCOPE has evolved itself into an impactful organization through a series of novel initiatives which include effective policy advocacy, learning and development, research & studies so as to enable PSEs to carve a niche globally.